Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hey, who Doesn't love this guy?

I mean like REALLY love him?

Ash and I met Richard Simmons once in the LV airport (in the 90s) - he had no luggage or camera crew and was wearing his trademark striped shorts so we figured he was just there to spread joy.


But what I really want to talk abou t (other than my sis) is Sweatin' to the Oldies.

No! Not this kind

Why on Earth would you think of that?


I mean the kind of sweating developed by Bikram Choudhury (but I can see where you'd get confused b/c that was developed in the '60s too). I took my first class yesterday and don't know if I want to punch Di for taking me or kiss her feet for changing my life. You understand, right?

Last night I guess I was so out of it I called my sister at 1:30-ish and don't really remember. I fear for what I did/ said to my roommates.


So last week I asked Ash where I could get a sports top that would let me sweat like a pig just for Bikram. If you know her you know she Nevah Evah talks about her history as a track star, so this is her trying to get her point across:

From: Ash’s EMAIL@aol.com

Skip champion or hanes in that case.
Go w/ black don't- even- know- it's- there- soft- as- bunnies- on- my- shoulders- Underarmour.
sorry, it's not spagetti strap. Just pure 100%stealth (if you've seen the commercials)
i'm sure there are cuter out there.
That's just my division I, All-Ivy, All-Time Harvard List (4x) Captain of the Oxford-Cambridge vs. Harvard-Yale Tour opinion.

4 comments:

Bek said...

i love bikram and i love richard simmons. when i was a pre-teen, my mom, sister, and i would do sweatin' to the oldies 2 together. it was rad. just some fyi.

AM said...

and THAT'S why i'm passionate about this lady.

Stephen said...

i'm afraid i can't tell what amber did to her roommate...

Anonymous said...

Ash nevah brags... but she knows a thing or two 'bout sweatin'. She'll probably smack you for putting her email on your blog.


I hate to sweat. When I get the urge to exercise, I lay down til it goes away. I've told you that's the secret to getting fat, didn't I. It's my little secret.