Monday, August 27, 2012

Guys, You Might Not Want to Travel with Me

Remember when I used to call NYC 'America?'
To me it represented our country and what was considered normal.
Ha!
Anyway, back to Me.

So I had Magic Man visit me in NYC when I was there for work.


And do you know what I did?

I took him to all the crowded, dirty places in NYC.
(I wanted to relive my old commuter days.)


And I had him walk 'til his feet bled.
(I'm serious - I messed up his feet something awful.)


And ride the subway squished next to strangers.
(OK, just so you know - this was just how he was standing - he wasn't posing.  He might not love that I I posted this.  We shall see.)


And I took his photo even when he was trying to eat and be private.


And I kept saying things like 'look up? see that?'
(As if he could miss the murals at the NY Public Library)


And I made him pose in Times Square with this guy on the right. 
(Because Times Square isn't bad enough.)


He asked to go to iconic places like the Statue of Liberty or to the top of the Empire State Building, but instead I took him CLOSE to those places and said 'there it is - we aren't going any closer.'



He did NOT ask to go to places like South Street Sea Port (for obvious reasons)
But I made him go anyway.  AND made him pose with a black and white cookie, that he wanted to quietly enjoy.


And do you know what he did to reward me for such selfishness? 
He took me to Central Park
And asked me to marry him.
I said 'yes.'

Then made him go on a carriage ride through Central Park because 
the other stuff wasn't punishment enough.

14 comments:

Bek said...

BUTTERFLIES!!!!!!

Mitch said...

I love this! I love that you had people take your picture with your camera (or phone, or whatever) and it didn't get stolen.

And that you didn't go close to the Empire State Building because I hear police sometimes shoot up people around there.

Oh, and that you got engaged. In that order.

malia said...

Oh my heart is so happy for you! Congrats!

cz said...

absolutely perfect!

The Wheeler Family said...

I love your story and all the awkward pics that were taken of my brother! I am so excited to have another AWESOME sister!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Congratulations! So fun! I am so happy for you guys! When is the date??

Jenn said...

Best post you ever did make.

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

Congrats friend! We're so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet him.

LaModMom said...

I cried after I read this. I am so happy for you. Aarica is laughing at me. Crying tears of joy that you have found the MAGIC!

Joy, Love, and Light always.
@

Dawn said...

Wow, Congratulations! So very happy for you.

Amy said...

Such happy news! Congratulations Amber -so excited for you both!

shayna said...

I want to marry you after that post. You two are stunning. I want to stare at the both of you. I love your love. congratulations.

Hepworths said...

Ambie pants, I'm so so happy right now! HOORAY! You and the Magic look so perfect, and happy, and in love. Yes, this is the best news ever. Love you!

Unknown said...

Good going roommate.