Thursday, August 16, 2012

Guys, we like to celebrate birthdays RIGHT

For my dad's Big Birthday he came to visit me in Alabama and Mississippi.

And I'm not trying to knock sweet home Alabama -- but I think Old Miss (not the university but the actual state) was his favorite.

I mean everyone (important) in the State wore UCLA colors for him.

For once in a very long time he was surrounded by super manly men.  Way more men than women and he got to eat meat and not leafy salads for dinner.


And we gave him his first birthday pinata.  
(How we managed to overlook giving him a pinata in the 30+ years we've known him is beyond me).


Magic Man even pulled out the ol' gun holster for him to wear in the woods.  

He knew exactly what would make dad super happy.


Look, Bham and AL was fun and all but we did things like make 5 people share dad's one slice of birthday pie.

And visit my office (which is an all-female company) . . .
 . . .Then instead of eating lunch, he had to wait for Ash and I to finish last minute assignments.  (Not the same assignment - unless Ash was also writing copy for the December issue.  Hey! She better not steal my ideas!)
So I don't blame him for liking Mississippi more.

I know I do.


(Just tell me when it gets to be too much and I start grossing you out.  'Cause then I'm gonna lay it on even thicker.)


2 comments:

Mitch said...

I love you in that dress! (Thanks for bringing on the polka dots.) And it's way, way too much. So bring on the thicker. I can hardly wait.

P.S. Did you dad like not having to play Bruce Jenner? It still cracks me up that he called himself that at Thanksgiving.

Serge said...

One's never too old to enjoy a pinata! Looks like this guy had a great time with you and your peers!