Thursday, February 25, 2010

Guys, I'm Cultural

I couldn't tell if this ad was being sarcastic
Like they're trying to prove that you're Not cultural?
So I decided to go there just to make a point.
Turns out I take the Yellow Q train.


The whole experience reminded me of the last time I did something cultural . . .

January 2009...

No! Not this!


I'm talking about a private tour of St Paul's Cathedral by Niall's Uncle




The best part was we got to brake ALL the rules:



I touched everything


I got to play with the lighting system from a restricted area



You can't see this area if you're a Commoner

They used these stairs in various movies like Harry Potter - but I recognized them from a more well known Film


You're not even allowed to take photos
Mich wanted me to follow this rule
(she doesn't like it when I take 100+ of photos of her- oops)


Even locked doors couldn't stop us
Well they did but only slightly
I didn't have to be let in this library - I saw all the books anyway. Ha!


We even did dangerous stuff
Have you ever stood on the reverse of a domed ceiling?

Sounds dangerous and when you do it - it IS a little scary.

But you see stuff like this:
And then your hands start to sweat and it's time to go home.

So much culture - I had to wait a year+ to do something classy again.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yup, you are.....just watched PULP - Common People.....oh wait....not that kind of culture?....what do I know?

Bek said...

can we go there together?