Monday, October 10, 2011

Guys, did you know I love Duane Reade?

I love Duane Reade and not in an ironic way.
I genuinely love it.

And I loved it before they all got posh and scape-age.
For those of you who haven't been to America -- Duane Reade is the greatest drugstore ever born. Holly Golightly had Tiffany's and I had Duane Reade.

So the last time I went to America I made a special trip to the new Duane Reade at 40 Wall.

They promised to make all my dreams come true.

With a promise like that I knew I had to share it with Sweet D.

I knew we were in for a treat when I saw the grand entrance
and the escalator showed us exactly how good we looked.

And who greets us?
Oh just this gem of a robot hologram lady.

Gem and the Holograms told us where to get the
important stuff, like fresh flowers.


Where am I, Chelsea Market?
Seriously, no need to trek over to 9th Ave
if I can get Fat Witch Brownies at 40 Wall.


There were so many food options but I actually wasn't
that hungry that day. I'll have to go back.
Di partook of the food and I read the about the stock market.


Then we went upstairs to the Beauty Bar and asked a computer what colors were best for us. Di found out she was naturally beautiful as is and I should buy red lipstick.
But the best part ever was that they had my favorite hard-to-find shade of nail color. Lapiz of Luxury by essie and I bought up to two bottles.






1 comment:

Di said...

That was the best day of my life.

But why are you acting like I didn't buy you lunch? Didn't I? With all the dimes & nickels we traded in at TD Bank? I do remember you not finishing your sushi tho. So I finished it. Yeah, that was a good day.