Monday, November 3, 2008

Remember when I was a single mom?

So when My Daughter Pearl heard about Halloween she insisted that she have her own costume.
She decided to be her most recent favorite movie character





We were shocked to see other people had her idea. Instead of being disappointed at her lack of creativity (we hope this bland phase passes her soon) we decided to make a game of it - taking photos of all the people with similar costumes.





But Mommy got bored of this real quick. (and how can you top this gorgeous couple?)



Then Pearl saw this lady

so we tried to recreate it with her (kids can be really demanding)



she Loved this one as you can see


but people were giving me disapproving stares
(like when my mom used to roller skate down the street holding my brother when he was a baby. I can share that with you because it's true and she doesn't read my blog).


We ran into Dimmesdale which was strained yet pleasant




Overall The Child and I had a nice evening with just mild bouts of puritanical guilt


i told you i liked shadows

4 comments:

Bek said...

you're funny, lady.

Anonymous said...

"Remember When [you] were a single mom" ~ which time?
The one where you were overseas and needed an alibi for those long distance calls? Or the time when you were at a bar tired of the waiter offering drink refills?
u funny either way.

Anonymous said...

who dresses like thanksgiving for halloween? Does that mean at thanksgiving you'll be wearing a joker costume?

jendar said...

if you ever need a babysitter for pearl, please let me know. ill do it for free. as long as she is not wearing that creepy makeup. cause in that case, i dont think i could do it. too creepy for me.