Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Guys, I was totally kidding

I did NOT go to Hawaii to do a run-trail.


I went -- We ALL went to support our little Monkey.
@lisa was the nice sister that spent her time in Hawaii making Giant ASH signs.


(Doesn't Eliot look like a Polynesian Shaman King Wise Man or something?)
So Ash qualified for the World Championship X-Terra Triathlon. It's kind of a big deal. Or at least the 600+ athletes from all over the world thought so.

She swam for a mile (it's longer than it sounds. Just kidding - it sounds long).




She biked maybe 18 miles


And ran 7 -- for a total of 1 Marathon. Right? Is that how it works?





All i know is - we forbade her from competing in an Iron Man.
Because:
1. Who has the time to watch that?
2. They are not natural - Man is not supposed to do things like that.
3. If Ash wanted to go slow - she could just do an X-Terra in heels.

6 comments:

Bek said...

Are you kidding me? I want to be her!

Anonymous said...

Yes!
Eliot's new nickname = "Polynesian Shaman King Wise Man"

how else could he begat Princess Shalala w/o being royalty himself?

Genius.
You funny cat.

LaModMom said...

1.5 mile swim, 19 mile bike ride, 7.5 mile run... and that adds to more than a marathon...but twice the fun for me, cuz I didn't have to exercise just watch. my favorite thing to do.

A1st said...

Wow Alisa, i definitely appreciate the inflation- cuz that's what the swim felt like, but here's the REAL DISTANCES:
-----------------------
WHAT IS XTERRA: The world’s premier off-road triathlon, combining a 1.5-kilometer (1-mile) swim that starts in front of the Makena Beach & Golf Resort a 32-kilometer (20-miles) mountain bike that climbs 3,000 feet up and down the lower slopes of Haleakala, and a 12-kilometer (7.5-miles) trail run that traverses lava rock, forest trails, and beach sand. Top pros finish in roughly two-and-a-half hours.
------------------------
7.5mi run?!
Nobody told me that!!
I'd never run over 6 before-
I would have sued if i'd known it was gonna be 7.5
kidding.
kinda.

Alicia said...

What do you mean....looks like you had more in you.....you weren't even winded...in fact who was that getting your autograph at the finish line....BEFORE you got a drink of water of cooled down??

A1st said...

There was no cool down.
That was Ken's joke: "Where's your cool down now?"
First time I did not have energy for one.