Monday, December 22, 2008

Ah Christmas . . .


The thing is - I don't even like home made tamales. But making them makes me Feliz - that's Spanish for my grandmother's maiden name.

2 Christmas stories that warm my heart:

1.
Dad: It was a nightmare trying to buy those colored lights for the tree - I bought all that they had left
Ash: After 20 years here we don't have our own tree lights? Didn't we have them on the tree last year?
Dad: Yeah . . .i threw them out with the tree.


2.
This is actually a scene that happened about 21 years ago that we were remembering fondly:
Mom: Bruce- Can you take the Christmas lights down?
Dad: Yes.
Mom: Bruce, can you PLEASE take the lights down?
Dad: Yesss.
Mom: BRUCE! Can you take the Christmas lights down BEFORE Ashley's birthday guests arrive?!!


Ashley was born on 18 March.

3 comments:

Bek said...

my favorite christmas story is when you jumped out of that giant red box underneath my tree. and then you loved me up.

kieren said...

can i be adopted into your family? PLEASE!

p.s. i resurrected my blog for you! for you!

LaModernGirl said...

You don't like homemade tamales? What kina messican are you man!