Sunday, September 21, 2008

Who knows the 3 Rules of Etiquette?

So it's my Mom's birthday

[she's on the right]


and even though she doesn't read my blog I thought i'd post something in honor of her.

Her favorite thing to ask is if you know the 3 Rules of Etiquette [the pathetic thing is - I had to have her remind me more than once what all three rules were]:

1. Be Kind

like to your grandbabies/ nephews

note: they do not want to play Marionette



2. Be Kind

like making a huge dinner for people you barely know

and letting other people take credit for it



3. Be Kind

she'll clean and organize your apt for free and in those shoes too

and let you mess it up all over again


See why it's lame de mais that I forgot those rules?


And don't worry Mae, when you turn 90 I'll make you sing at your birthday too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are great rules to pass on to your children... oh wait, you don't have any yet. Get Busy!

jendar said...

once upon a time when i wore nylons everyday and rode bikes wearing a jody dress, i learned to be kind. but unfortunately, i lost all of it. so tell you mother she is a wise woman.

Sarah said...

bless your mom for giving birth to you. i can't thank her enough. what a lady.

Sarah said...

what a hell of a woman, actually.