Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Inspiring story from Monkey

"I got all the way up to my office this morning and saw No Scarf hanging on my purse!
I set my purse down / turned computer on (so it looked like a bathroom break) and ran back to retrace my steps!
[U know it's 16degrees today - kinda need the scarf]

Hurled myself back into the cold, around the construction, around the off-limits falling ice street corner, all the way up back to the subway stop - i even brought my metro card, ready to re-swipe & scour the underbelly of wall street for my soft pink scarf Amber gave me - I gallop to the corner subway stop and what do i see perched like a lost kitten on the green staircase rail all by its lonesome?....
Scarfy!
Best Birthday Miracle ever!! You bet i hugged it tighter than the pink suitcase upon return from the Boston train yards [note to reader: I guess she lost her fave suitcase in Boston - i'm a bad sister and didn't know this story], and people clapped, and doves flew overhead carrying a huge happy "The End" banner.

I love New York.
-A

Or maybe i just love the fact that i work off Wall Street, and there's no way my shabby chic Lucky Brand scarf was ever in danger unless it was Hermes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously thought the story was gonna say, "and then I saw my scarf, wrapped around a homeless man, keeping his neck warm. So I bought my scarf back for $5!"

The End.

Anonymous said...

You're right. She's such a b---.